Prizes & Rules
The LEXINGTON COMMUNITY FOUNDATION will contribute an incentive fund of $75,000. Every participating organization/project/program will receive a proportional share of this fund, based upon qualifying donations received and their percentage of the total dollars raised.
For example, if a nonprofit organization raises 3% (in qualifying donations) of the total Give BIG Lexington donations, then they will receive an additional $2,250 from the incentive fund.
Throughout the day, 10 "$100 Golden Tickets" - prize grants will be chosen at random from online donations. An additional $100 will be added to their donation to that participating nonprofit.
A “$200 Early Bird” Golden Ticket will be randomly drawn at 7:00 a.m. from online donations given between 6:00-7:00 a.m. An additional $200 will be added to their donation to that participating nonprofit.
A “$200 Mid-Way” Golden Ticket will be randomly drawn at 12:00 p.m. from online donations given between 11:00 a.m-12:00 p.m. An additional $200 will be added to their donation to that participating nonprofit.
A “$200 Happy Hour” Golden Ticket will be randomly drawn at 5:00 p.m. from online donations given between 4:00 p.m-5:00 p.m. An additional $200 will be added to their donation to that participating nonprofit.
A “$200 Night Owl” Golden Ticket will be randomly drawn at 10:00 p.m. from online donations given between 9-10:00 p.m. An additional $200 will be added to their donation to that participating nonprofit.
- Any individual, group, business or organization may make a donation. Donations made online through Give BIG Lexington 2016 are received and receipted for by Razoo Foundation, a registered 501(c)3 charity that operates a donor advised fund to fulfill donor advisements. The Lexington Community Foundation will receive and receipt for any donations from individuals, groups, businesses or organizations who prefer to make their donation in person.
- Give BIG Lexington is a 24-hour day of giving on Thursday, November 10th. Donations must be made during this time to qualify for the matching funds.
- Donations can be made online beginning at 12:00 a.m. and ending at 11:59 p.m. Or, in person at the Foundation office at 607 N. Washington St. between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Minimum donation is $5 and there is no maximum donation limit.
- Donations up to $25,000 per donor/per organization, qualify to receive a proportional share of the incentive fund given by the Lexington Community Foundation.
- Donations are tax-deductible and irrevocable (donations will not be refunded).
- 100% of your donation made through Give BIG Lexington will go directly to the organization. The Lexington Community Foundation is covering the 6.9% plus $0.30 per transaction fee charged by the Razoo Foundation for expenses and campaign costs (including credit card transaction costs). Donors have the option to cover these fees during the checkout process.
- All local nonprofit organizations that serve the Lexington area are welcome to participate in this event. This includes health and human service organizations, arts and culture, children and families, education, animals, parks and recreation and many more Lexington nonprofit groups. Organizations that exist primarily for religious or political activities are excluded. Contact the Lexington Community Foundation to confirm your organization is eligible to participate. Then you will be asked to assist the Foundation in creating your online giving page.
- There is no fee to participate.
- The organization(s) you choose to support will receive donor name and address, unless the donor chooses to make an anonymous contribution. As host of Give BIG Lexington 2016, Lexington Community Foundation will receive the contact information for donors who participate in Give BIG Lexington and do not give anonymously. This information is used solely to thank the donor for participating in the giving day.
The Lexington Community Foundation Board of Directors can modify any restrictions or conditions if, in the sole judgment of the Board of Directors, such restriction or condition becomes unnecessary, incapable of fulfillment or inconsistent with the charitable needs of the community. As such, Give BIG Lexington reserves the right to deny or condition the distribution of prize grants if, in the judgment of its Board of Directors, such restriction or condition becomes necessary.